CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas

I admit I have been a bit of a scrooge this season. I don't know if it's the state of the economy or the lack of snow, but for some reason I have had a hard time getting "in the mood" for Christmas, until last night. We have some wonderful neighbors, that are always sharing - be it food, gifts, dog sitting, you name it. One of them works for Fort Stewart and has a hook up for free Christmas trees. Last night Alan and I were just finishing dinner when our door bell rang. Alan hopped up to answer it and Bizzy went running out the door to assault the persons on the other side. I knew it was our awesome neighbors from the sound of their voices but I didn't know what great surprise they had brought us - a beautiful Christmas tree! The moment I stepped outside and saw it I was in the Christmas mood! And the smell, that wonderful fragrance that can only come from a real tree, brought back so many fond memories. So, even though I started out not really wanting to have anything to do with Christmas this year, I am now officially "in the mood"! I'll post pictures of our decorated tree once we get it all decorated tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lauren Pollock said...

Since when does Alan "hop up" to answer the door?!? I've seen the way he gets up to answer the door and I wouldn't describe it as a hop...

made by Leelou

Mom